Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup




In Logan it has been so cold, I think we have had 1-2 warm days. I love soup on rainy days!

I have no set recipe, I just kind of throw stuff in.

Boil 1 chicken breast for about 15 minutes. After cooked and cooled
Save water to add in later, I save at least 4 cups and then add 2-3 bouillon cubes after.

Slice a handful of baby carrots
Slice 2-3 celery sticks
Slice a 1/3 yellow onion
Pepper (I use freshly ground) and salt (I usually use Kosher salt) to taste
1-2 tsp Parsley (fresh if you have it, but if not dried works fine.)
1 tsp thyme

Saute these in olive oil for 5 minutes or so.

Add I-2 cans of Swansons Chicken broth, depending on how much juice you want, add water from chicken and bouillon cubes. Cook for 8 minutes, add noodles. I use probably a cup and a half of homemade style noodles. Cook for another 8 minutes and then add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.

I love making soups, they are so easy to just throw stuff in a pot. It is a good way to use up veggies that are almost going bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment