Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Fourth of July!!!

What a great weekend, at first I thought it was not going to be fun to have the 4th of July on a Sunday, but I was wrong. It was one of the best weekends, this summer has been so great! Probably one of the best ones! Here is a review of what we did, it was a non stop weekend.

Thursday, July 1st





One of my friends called and had free tickets to Peter Cetera, I didn't recognize the name (I am not very good with music). So we decided to go for a bit and then leave if it was lame. It definitely was not lame, I loved every minute of it. At the first of the concert American Festival Chorus and Orchestra played some patriotic songs. It was really great, it made me really love the country that we live in. Peter Cetera ended the concert with a fabulous performance, once he started to sing I recognized his songs.

Friday, July 2nd



It was our friends birthday, so we had a bbq at his place. After we went and watched the fireworks in Logan. I love the summer and especially the fireworks.

Saturday, July 3rd

Some of the people in my ward invited me to go float the narrows. Rissa and I decided to go, when we got to the top it was 60 degrees and windy. No thanks! I didn't want to be miserable! So we drove back home and decided to try and attempt it on Monday.



We went back to Logan and played some volleyball at Merlin Olsen Park. We got challenged by some Polynesians, they were really good and we got our butts kicked, but it was fun!



After that we decided last minute to drive to Salt Lake to see the fireworks at Sugar House, they were also amazing. We sat next to the cutest family. Their kids were so funny during the fireworks, the little 3 year old decided we were best friends and sat right next to me the entire show, she was so funny! We decided to sit it out at the park until the traffic was down, and we witnessed a lot of interesting things. The couple next to us forgot that they were in public, we got fireworks shot over our heads by these two punk kids and saw two men roll down the hill while hugging onto each other. The night was so great!

Sunday, July 4th

I went to church and it was great, I love to sing the patriotic songs in Sacrament meeting. This weekend I really had a deep appreciation for the country that we live in, we are so truly blessed! In Relief Society a quote was read that I really like, I don't know the reference to the talk.

"Look back in retrospect on almost six thousand years of human history! Freedom's movements have been infrequent and exceptional. We must appreciate that we live in one of history's most exceptional moments-in a nation and a time of unprecedented freedom. Freedom as we know it has been experienced by perhaps less that 1 percent of the human family."



Doesn't that bring chills to you? I always think of how lucky I am to be apart of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I wonder why I was chosen to be apart of this great work. I always think of the small percentage of people that know what I know, but I have never thought of it in a way with being free and living in the great land of America. I am always grateful for what I have and I know that I am blessed. I am so grateful for all of those that have sacrificed to make it possible to live here and to have so many great opportunities and freedoms.

Monday, July 5th

Rissa slept over at my house Sunday night and we watched Post Grad, great movie, I would highly recommend it!

We woke up at 7 am, yes I know I never do this (wake up early, I usually sleep at least another 2 hours) and when the alarms went off we wondered why we were doing it. We went to the Lewiston parade and it started at 9ish. We got a load of candy, and we didn't have to do anything for it, it just landed on our blanket! Perfect! After the Parade we walked around the little fair.



After we went to float the Oneida Narrows. I don't know why I have never done this, I have lived in Cache Valley my entire life. I have been missing out for the past 24 years! It was so fun! I was the only one that fell off of their tube (twice). I was having issues, but it was great fun. I accidentally ran into the pole under the bridge and back flipped off of my tube and cut up my leg on the rocks, then I almost tipped a large man off of his tube. I could barely retrieve my tube because I was laughing so hard. My stomach is soar today from laughing so hard all day yesterday! After I finally got back on I decided to fall off again backwards in some rapids...it was great! I will post some photos of this, my friend Erica followed us along the river and took photos, they are probably all beautiful photos of me in my swimsuit, so they may not make it on the blog!



We went back to Logan and played some sand volleyball at Willow Park. It was great and we definitely are starting to look professional like the photo above. (Not quite!) We had some more good laughs with volleyball. Let's just say Stacey has a pretty good aim when she hits the ball. And this interesting fellow came and tried to chat with us, he kind of resembled Wolverine. He began playing on the court next to us, and the next we looked over he was playing in his undies. We all lost it and could barely play. Towards the end, he tried to come talk to us (still in his undies), he got mad at us for secluding people. I would have been really nervous and scared for my life if he would have had clothes on, because he probably would have had a gun hiding somewhere...he was really interesting!



After volleyball we made our way back to Lewiston for some more fireworks to end the perfect weekend. The entire weekend was a blast and I was surrounded by some great friends and also made some new friends. I know that was the longest post, but it was a great weekend!

(All photos were taken from the internet, hopefully they will be replaced by some actual photos that we took.)

No comments:

Post a Comment