Tuesday, October 12, 2010

S'more Cupcakes



I have been wanting to try out different cupcakes lately. I just used a milk chocolate cake mix, I filled each cupcake with a little bit of batter and then put a dob of Marshmallow Cream Puff and then topped it with some more batter, don't fill them too full or they explode all over the pan. I made a homemade chocolate frosting, and topped it off with graham cracker crumbs. They were really good, the marshmallow kind of dissolved in the oven, so it just blends into the cake. But they were still delicious. I am going to try it with real marshmallows and see what the difference is.

Chocolate Frosting Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 cups confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 to 8 tablespoons milk

Directions:

In a double boiler over hot water melt chocolate with the butter. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. In an electric mixer add chocolate mixture and confectioners' sugar. Beat until mixture resembles chalky beads. Add the vanilla and the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until a spreadable consistency is reached. Beat until fluffy -- adding more milk if necessary.

1 comment:

  1. wow this looks amazing! I just made a s'more cookie bar for my blog myself...cant go wrong with s'mores! :)
    http://damegoodeats.blogspot.com/2010/10/smore-cookie-bars.html

    ReplyDelete