Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sushi Attempt



I love sushi and I have always thought it would be fun to make, so me and my friend Cole found a sushi kit at Borders for six bucks and decided to try it. It wasn't too hard, and I think the next time it will be a lot better. I had a hard time with the rice, so if any one has suggestions on making sushi rice let me know! The rice was the only bad part...it was so thick it was hard to swallow! We just make California Rolls for starters and then did some teriyaki shrimp, cream cheese and cucumbers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,
    I came across your blog, congratulations on the engagement! I too have tried making Sushi, and a friend of mine who lived in Japan said it is imperative to make the rice using actual sushi rice, and said you can get at the Korean restaurant in Logan. I've also found that you have to use the righta mount of rice vinegar so it is sticky, but not too sticky, etc. There are some great videos on YouTube that show how to do it, best of luck!
    Cousin Scott

    ReplyDelete