Monday, May 2, 2011

Quote from President Monson

I was listening to this talk while I was working today and I really liked this. It is motivating me to finish what I start!
Great Expectations by President Thomas S. Monson

Persevere Toward Goals
Second, beware of the flashy start and the fade-out finish. I love the simple wisdom found in this poem by an unknown author. I don’t think it’s a literary masterpiece, but you can understand it.

Stick to your task till it sticks to you;
Beginners are many, but enders are few.
Honor, power, place, and praise
Will come, in time, to the one who stays.

Stick to your task till it sticks to you;
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it too;
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
Will come life’s victories, after awhile.8

8. “Stick to Your Task,” in Jack M. Lyon and others, eds., Best-Loved Poems of the LDS People (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1996), 255–56.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the motivation! right when I needed it :) just in time for the rest of my finals...

    ReplyDelete