Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Presents!

Every year I think I will have time to make all of my gifts for friends and family. And every year, I start making stuff a week before and only finish a few and end up last minute shopping a couple of days before.

I have such a hard time finding a balance with my business and my personal life. My business takes up my entire life and sometimes takes priority to anything else. I made a deadline for orders this year, but I don't know how to say no to those ordering their photos last minute. I ended up taking orders all the way till Christmas Eve! Yes I printed photos for clients on Christmas Eve. Because of this presents for my family did not happen. I am constantly working and don't have any hours, I need to set a schedule and stick to it! I can't work 10-12 hour days, I do love what I do, that is why I can't stop working. But I must find a balance!

So anyways... These are the two present that I finished for my sister-in-law Melissa. I think they turned out so fun! They both have a reason. My brother shot two Elk this year, so that is why I did an elk or deer head...not sure what the silhouette is.




I did a chicken because this year they started raising chickens. There's a pretty funny story to the chicken...

During October Cole and I had a little bit of time to go on a hike. So we went to our favorite trail in the Wellsville's. When we got out of the car I heard some rustling in the bushes and I got curious.... So we started looking around to find out what it was. As we were looking in the bushes three chickens appeared. They were so pretty, and they didn't scare when I got close. Cole and I joked that we should catch them and take them to Melissa, their chickens had been killed by something in their neighborhood, so they had an empty chicken coop. I really wish that I could have kept them... I don't think my HOA would have approved! I called Melissa on our way up the trail and asked her if she wanted us to catch them and bring them home. She just laughed at me and thought I was crazy! The entire way up the trail Cole and I thought it would be so fun to try and catch them and we wondered if we actually could and how would we get them home. When we got back down the trail it was getting dark, but we still tried to look for them. We looked for about 15 minutes and couldn't find them, so we headed back to the car, and then I looked up and there they were!!! All three of them were perched in the tree! We both burst out in laughter and we started after the chickens! Cole climbed the tree and grabbed them and passed them to me. I wish this could have been recorded! It was so funny! We were laughing our heads off the entire time. We made a make shift cage in my car and eventually got all three in my car! Cole had to catch them all twice because I kept freaking out and let them go! As we drove to my brothers house which was a good 20 minutes away, they didn't make a peep! We got them to their new home and they loved it! A couple of weeks ago they finally recovered from their mountain adventure and they have started to lay eggs again! I was so proud when Melissa showed me their first egg! I wish I had a big yard for them! I think I could be a little farmer. I have a bit of granola in me! I take a lot of pride in living off the land! Here are some of the photos of them!












No comments:

Post a Comment