Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Antiqued Bridal Accessories

Lately I have been loving vintage weddings, if you don't know me I am a wedding photographer, so I am around weddings all of the time. Because of this I am constantly thinking about weddings (only because of my job!) I know I shouldn't be making stuff for weddings, because I am so far from it. I couldn't resist. The other day I was at my moms house rummaging through all of my old stuff. I was looking for the old jewelry that I use to play with from my grandma, I had no luck with finding those, but I came across some cool old lace from my great grandma. Once I found it, ideas were running through my head and I had to make something with it. The next day I went to my grandpas to see if I could find some of the old jewelry and I found the jackpot, they were all perfect. This one I probably won't use, because I want to make mine a lot more intricate, but this is just a taste of what is to come. One day if I ever get married and if it is still in style I will have a cool hair piece with something from my grandma and great grandma. I am excited to figure something out! It looks great with either soft curls, stuck in the side or at the side of a low swoopy, curly bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment