Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Headbands

It was so fun to make these! I sat down on my bedroom floor and spread out all of my materials. (When I say all of my materials, I had a ton of fabric spread around, buttons everywhere, my thread jars, antique jewelry, and a ton of other embellishments.) I wish I had more time to do this, it was so fun to just create and have it all at my fingertips.


I know I really need to get someone to model my stuff! I got this jewel in New York City at a Thrift Store. It was actually an earring and I turned it into a sweet headband!





I love this one, the hard thing about making stuff to sell is that I want one of each! I used some grey knit fabric that I got at a Thrift Store and a little lace doily that I also got at a Thrift Store. (Don't worry I wash all of the stuff before I use it.) I added pearls to the middle of each flower. I really like how it turned out.





I used some turquoise swede material, black tool and some black silky fabric and made my own elastic headband. The elastic that I used I got in New York at Mood Fabric (I think it is my new favorite place, they had everything in abundance, I was in heaven. It is probably the only thing that would get me to go back to New York. I will post photos of the fabric that I got, it is to die for!)




This hair clip I made from some mustard fabric, I don't really know what type of fabric it is. I got it in Burley, Idaho in this way old fabric store. (Most of the fabric was probably there when the store opened.) For the leaves I used some of the wool that I got from old man suit coats from the DI. I added a little bit of tool to give a little extra style.

Hope you like them, let me know what you think and hopefully there will be more soon!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Jessica!
    I found your blog through a link on Karas blog. This is her friend Candyce, I met you at her wedding. I did the flowers. Remember me yet? :)
    Anyway. I LOVE that mustard colored headband and I am intrigued by that fancy quilt you are making. I cant wait to see how it turns out! I just started an Etsy shop as well. Let me know if you have any pointers! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete