Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spinach!

Lately I have been craving spinach, I know that is really weird! I have been putting it in everything. My cousin Crystal gave me a recipe, and it is very interesting, it was definitely a taste that grew on me. When I first tried it I was mad that I had waisted all of the good ingredients. But after a few sips I really enjoyed it!

Shake




Recipe:
1 cup of juice (I did orange juice)
1/4 cup non dairy creamer (I used vanilla yogurt instead)
3-4 baby carrots
2-3 handfuls of spinach
1 heaping tbsp of cottage cheese
1 banana
1 cup mixed fruit (I put pineapple, strawberries and mangoes)
2 cups of ice
To make it sweeter add a little bit of honey (I just realized I didn't read that line, but I just added a ton of sugar!)

Mix it up in the blender and enjoy! Give it a second taste, the first might not be that enjoyable! The texture takes a bit to get use to. My cousin gives this to her kids, I don't know how they drink it (no offense Crystal), it is good, but I can't believe her kids like it. I tried it on my cousin while I was babysitting the other day, and the look on her face was really funny!


I don't know why I am putting these photos on, mainly because I enjoy taking photos of food (not that these look great, but it is fun.) I also am showing how I have been putting spinach on everything!

I used a baguette from Crumb Brothers, thinly sliced. Topped it with some spinach, Myzithra cheese and a poached egg with some Tony's Creole seasoning. It sounds so weird, but I love it!

I have also been making quesadillas with spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Flour or Corn tortillas work great, right now I am really liking corn tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment