Monday, September 27, 2010

Journal Writing





I have never been a journal writer until about 2 years ago. I really got inspired to start after I got home from Peru. I have always kept a random journal, but I have never consistently written in it. Most of the previous ones are yearly updates. I started consistently writing on August 11, 2008 and I finished my third one on September 12, 2010. In total I wrote 1,146 pages. Too me that is a great accomplishment. I am very proud of myself. At first when I started writing in them, I tried to keep them strictly spiritual, I didn't want to put a whole bunch of dating crap in there. But now that I have had a lot of great dating experiences (hahaha!) I figured that I must be going though all of these situations for a reason, so I need to record them and hopefully someone in my future will learn from them. I hope these situations have been for something! (I know that they have been, I always learn so much while I am in tribulation.) During my Jared recovery I learned so much from the book of Isaiah. I know that sounds crazy, but that is what kept me going. I often look back at what I write and my prayers are answered with the words that I wrote. I have a short term memory and my Heavenly Father has to teach me the same things over and over. These have been such a blessing to me. While I read the scriptures I record scriptures that touched me and then I just let my mind wander and I just write what I am thinking. I sometimes fill up pages from one scripture. I challenge you to start the habit if you have not, I have seen myself grow so much!

This is the next chapter of my life, I am already 60 pages into it. I am so dumb, but I think one of the reasons that I write so much is because I love the journals! And to show my OCD, I have to write in a certain type of pen! You can get these journals at Borders once you get one you will be addicted! haha! When I get close to finishing one I go to Borders a lot to try to find the best new cover. It takes me awhile to choose, it is very important! I have thought about stocking up, because if they stop making them, I don't know if I can continue!

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine you love writing in these journals. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete