Monday, September 27, 2010

My Favorite Banana Bread



I love banana bread! I buy extra bananas just so I can make bread!

2 cups of sifted flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (I use 3)
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup copped walnuts

Sift together flour, soda, salt and set aside. Cream butter and gradually add sugar; cream well. Add eggs and bananas; blend thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients alternately with milk to the banana mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Fold in nuts. Pour in greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean.

My little tips:
Make sure to cream the butter and the sugar for awhile. I have noticed that this makes a huge difference.
If you have bananas that are ready and you don't have time to make bread, put them in the freezer and you can still use them.
Eat a slice fresh out of the oven and slather the butter on! (This is the only time I let my self use butter in excess!)

No comments:

Post a Comment